This documentation remains in a beta state. It has content gaps and might contain bugs.
The plugin includes demo certificates so that you can get up and running quickly, but before using OpenSearch in a production environment, you must configure it manually:
- Replace the demo certificates
- Reconfigure opensearch.yml to use your certificates
- Reconfigure config.yml to use your authentication backend (if you don’t plan to use the internal user database)
- Modify the configuration YAML files
- Apply changes using securityadmin.sh
- Start OpenSearch.
- Add users, roles, role mappings, and tenants
If you don’t want to use the plugin, see Disable security.